Privacy Notice (General)
This Notice informs you of how we, One Housing Group Limited (hereafter referred to as One Housing), and our subsidiaries and brands (including TPHA, Citystyle, One Direct Maintenance Limited, One Support, Season, Baycroft and Bankhouse) will collect, use, store and share personal information about you.
As a “data subject” under the General Data Protection Regulation, you are responsible for making sure that all information that you give us is accurate at the time of data collection. We will from time to time check that you information is up to date with you, however, you are responsible for informing us of any changes to your personal data (for example, a change of your name or address) as part of the contract you have with us so that we can maintain accurate records. You can do this by telephoning the customer contact centre on 020 8821 5300.
Information we will collect from you
We will collect the following information about you, if you make an enquiry regarding a Bankhouse property, or choose to purchase a Bankhouse property. The information that we gather from these includes:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Information regarding how you heard about us
- Your date of birth
- Your racial or ethnic origin
- Your National Insurance number
- Whether you have a disability
- Your care and support needs, if applicable
- Your employment and benefit status, and
- Any other information surrounding your care and support needs that are deemed relevant.
- Information regarding your income and affordability.
If you do not provide us with this information, or we are not provided with it by the referring body, we may be unable process your request.
We may also collect information on some or all of your:
- Physical and mental health
- Safety and safeguarding history
- Behaviour and emotional wellbeing
- Housing history
- Financial management, and
- Nutrition and hydration history
This information allows us to create a management plan for your care and support.
We may also collect, with your consent, the name, address and contact details of your next of kin, and missing persons information such as aspects of your appearance and whether any special precautions should be taken.
If you choose not to provide us with this information, One Housing will not be able to contact your next of kin or inform the police of your missing persons information. You may withdraw your consent for us to hold this information at any time, by telephoning the customer contact centre on 020 8821 5300 and exercising your right to erasure.
If you choose to purchase a Bankhouse shared ownership property, we will collect further information about you in regular reviews to update our management plan and make sure that we are effectively meeting your changing care and support needs. We also collect CCTV footage in the public areas of many of our schemes.
How we’ll use your Information
The table below will tell you what One Housing will use your information for, and what our lawful basis for processing this information is.
|Types of information||What we will use this for||Our lawful basis for processing|
|Information about you that we receive from the referring body, or during our own assessment of you.||To identify your care and support needs and offer you the most effective service possible, and for diversity monitoring purposes.||One Housing must process most of this information in order for us to enter into a service agreement contract with you, as well as its necessity for the provision of social care. One Housing will only collect information on your racial or ethnic origin, or religion, with your explicit consent. You may choose to withdraw this consent at any time.|
|Information collected during our risk assessment.||To identify your care and support needs and offer you the most effective service possible.||One Housing must process this information in order for us to enter into a service agreement contract with you, as well as its necessity for the provision of social care.|
|Information about your next of kin and Missing Persons information.||To share information about your care and support with your family or next of kin, and to provide assistance to the police in the event of a Missing Person case.||One Housing will only collect and process this information with your consent. You may choose to withdraw this consent at any time.|
|Further information we collect about you during you time under our care and support.||To update our records of your care and support needs and offer you the most effective service possible.||One Housing must process this information in order for us to enter into a service agreement contract with you, as well as its necessity for the provision of social care.|
|CCTV footage.||To monitor our premises and for safeguarding and security reasons.||One Housing has a legitimate interest in surveillance of public areas for safeguarding and in the event of any criminal activity.|
Who we share your information with
From time to time, we may need to provide third parties with personal information about you or members of your household. These third parties include:
- The police and other emergency services
- Local authorities, for example social services, anti-social behaviour teams, Council Tax and Housing Benefit departments
- Repairs and maintenance contractors, to arrange appointments, and
- The NHS, including GPs, Community Mental Health Teams and Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Our solicitors, should you choose to proceed with a purchase.
If you provided information on your family and next of kin, we may contact them where necessary.
We may also disclose your personal details if required to do so by law or any governmental body. All information sharing is subject to the relevant information sharing protocol.
Files may be viewed by external parties such as local authority contract managers, inspection teams and auditors as part of monitoring, audits and service reviews.
Your information may be shared internally between One Housing and its subsidiaries, for example One Direct (our property maintenance company) to facilitate repairs to your property.
One Housing will not carry out automated decision making with your personal information. One Housing will also not transfer your personal information outside of the EU.
How long we will hold your information for
We retain your information for as long as you are under our care or support. After you leave, we will retain your information for a further 2 years and subsequently archive it.
Know your rights
At any time after we have collected information about you, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you. If, for any reason, One Housing refuses this request, we will provide you with a reason why.
To submit a request, please fill in the Subject Access Request form, or write to One Housing at the address at the bottom of this Privacy Notice. Please include as much information (for example, subject or date range) about your request as you can so that we can respond as quickly and fully as possible.
- You have the right to correct information that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to delete the information we hold about you from our records.
- You have the right, in certain circumstances, to restrict our use of the information that we hold about you.
- You have the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to transfer the information we hold about you to another organisation.
- You have the right to ask us to not use your information for certain purposes, for example direct marketing.
- You have the right to ask us not to use automated decision making on your information
If you would like to make a complaint about how your information is being used by One Housing (or the other organisations that we share your data with, as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office, or One Housing’s Data Protection Officer.
The details for these contacts are:
Information Commissioner's Office
0303 123 1113
Data Protection Officer
Governance and Compliance Directorate
One Housing Group Limited
100, Chalk Farm Road
020 8821 5100