Shared Ownership & Charges

We undertake to provide you with a clear and detailed breakdown of the costs of living at Bankhouse and help you to calculate how shared ownership will work for you. Please arrange an appointmentto discuss this further or click here to look at our current availability.

Discover the benefits of Shared Ownership

Shared ownership at Bankhouse can give you financial freedom. Whether you want to travel the world or give your children or grandchildren a little financial assistance, we help you free up equity to finally do what you have always wanted.

How does Shared Ownership work?

You may purchase up to a 75% share in a Bankhouse apartment, with the remaining 25% share being rent-free. If you are purchasing less than a 75% share, a subsidised rent will be payable.

For example, if a 60% share is purchased, rent is payable on the 15% share, with the remaining 25% share being rent-free.

Eligibility for Shared Ownership at Bankhouse

You must be 55 or over; not own any property at the time of legally completing your Bankhouse purchase; no longer be in lifetime employment; and meet the financial requirements. Alternative eligibility conditions apply if you have care and support needs due to disability or mental health requirements.

Clear and open service charges

Our monthly service charges are completely transparent, so you won’t get any unforeseen surprises. There’s a nominal service charge to cover maintenance of the building and communal area as well as the core support services, which are available to all Residents.

Our assisted living services, tailored to your specific needs, are charged separately.

Shared Ownership Example Calculator Apartment 50

Full market price

£800000

ENQUIRE NOW

These are example shared ownership purchase percentages. Please call to discuss other shared ownership percentage options, and any service charges, rent and event fee payable.

Shared ownership at
25%

=

Purchase price

£ 200000

Shared ownership at
50%

=

Purchase price

£ 400000

Shared ownership at
75%

=

Purchase price

£ 600000

Apartment Availability

Check out our stunning apartments and how you could afford to live in this unique development on the Albert Embankment.

FLOOR PLANS & PRICES

Event Fee

To help reduce your monthly outgoings, the Bankhouse’s management team and core support services are paid from a percentage of the proceeds when you sell your Bankhouse apartment.

This is called an ‘Event Fee’. Please arrange an appointment to discuss what the percentages payable range from and to.
Your contribution to the sinking fund for the Bankhouse long term building maintenance is also covered by the Event Fee.

Season & ARCO

Season Logo

Bankhouse is owned and operated by the Season brand of One Housing.

Season provides beautiful affordable retirement housing. We develop and manage homes that are contemporary, vibrant, age adapted and in desirable locations. We promote independence and active lifestyles but also provide personalised support when needed. Season is part of One Housing, a leading provider of housing, care and support across London and the south east.

Please request our brochure for a comprehensive breakdown of our services.

Season, as a part of One Housing, is a member of ARCO (Associated Retirement Community Operators).

ARCO Logo

Launched in 2015, the ARCO Consumer Code sets standards for the retirement community sector.

The Code signals ARCO members’ commitment to go above and beyond their statutory duties. It helps ensure that they provide a trusted and high quality service to those living in, and considering moving to, a retirement community.